What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 White Petals and 5 Red Stigmas

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
What is this plant that I have labeled incorrectly as D. microscapa?

Picture050.jpg

Picture051.jpg

kinda looks like my D. nitidula x pygmaea, but then again, I don't even know if my plant is correctly id'ed
Could also be the infamous D. 'Lake Badgerup'

LOL! Have you been consulting with Mark.ca? That's exactly what he came up with. For the moment, I can't find any confirming flower pictures. I'm still looking.

Isn't that D. echinoblastus??

Looks just like mine...

I dunno though, most pygmies look alike anyway. ???

Nope. I just googled it. From Aaron King:

D_echinoblastus_flower2.jpg

I dont know jimscott but I can say thanks for the extra unknowns I got as hitchhikers from a trade with you months ago hahaha.

Its always fun.

Okay, I'm convinced! These pygmy sundews are driving me nuts!

I'll go with D. badgerup, since that was sent to me back in 2004. Thanks for researching, though!

Jim, is this plant from gemmae I sent you?

Jim, is this plant from gemmae I sent you?

I don't remember. Which ones could you have sent? I'm trying to go back to my grow list and put hobbyists to the plants.

I don't remember. Which ones could you have sent? I'm trying to go back to my grow list and put hobbyists to the plants.

I sent you microscapa. I got the parent plant from a vendor, so the labeling should be good.

I have two pots labeled D. microscapa and they look significantly different enough to (even) me. One is the D. badgerup and the other is this very lousy picture:

Picture039.jpg

One by one, as each pot (from before this past growing season flowers), the ID's will be straightened out!!!

You know Jim, I've got the same flowers you're getting. I'm pretty sure these plants are from gemmae I sent you, and I'm pretty sure the vendor I got the mother plants from was mistaken in his labeling. I'll be sure to let him know and let others know to change their labels.

http://www.drosera.lu/English/Species.htm

Can we assume the flower listed as D. Microscapa there is correct?

LOL! I prefer to use the word 'infer'! Yes, D. microscapa is wrong and D. badgerup is correct.

Actually, now that i see one fully open jim, i've got 4 petals 4 stigmas on them all, definitely badgerup.

Marius / Mark says to not pay too close attention to the number of stigmas. I've seen D. badgerup listed as both Drosera "Lake Badgerup" D. nitidula subsp. omissa x D. occidentalis subsp. ocidentalis D. patens x D. occidentalis.

Score one more for Lake Badgerup.

Back