What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
Both of these Pings I've had for a long time. They survived the Ping genocide I had awhile ago.

This first one something happened with the tag. It's certainly not a P. cyclosecta. At the time I had: P. jaumavensis, P. esseriana, and I think P. Yucca Do 1713.

Unfortunately it's yet to flower for me. On the left is a leaf pulling from the same plant.
ping1-1.jpg

This other one I have IDed as P. reticulata. It may be correct for all I know. I can't seem to find any P. reticulata pictures that match it on the web. As the the one above, I'm yet to see any flowers. The leaf form is a bit odd as well, it never changes.
ping2-1.jpg

ping3-1.jpg

Thanks for any help,
Crystal

1713 was my first thought for the little guy on the left... or 1717.

Might be 1717 Jim. I wasn't completely sure of the numbers. I received them both from you a few years back. Something weird happened with my ID tags.

Might be 1717 Jim. I wasn't completely sure of the numbers. I received them both from you a few years back. Something weird happened with my ID tags.

LOL! Gosh.. that's never happened to me... :rolleyes:

No thoughts from the Pinguicula enthusiasts? I'll see about reducing the size of the pictures a bit.

This is what I have as reticulata. For all I know this could be rectifolia:

Picture045.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg
agnata x gypsicola

Picture094-1.jpg

Picture186.jpg

Time for clearer / updated pictures!

Updated pics:

Picture016-1.jpg
P. reticulata

Picture009-1.jpg
P. 1713

Picture003-4.jpg
P. 1717

Hey Jim,

Thanks for all the pictures. I think my first Ping is 1717. Did you have 1717 and 1713 at the same time? I think I got these from you about 2-3 years ago. I'll label it as 1717 with a question mark. Maybe I'll get a flower one day.

The P. reticulata on the other hand, I have no idea. It's like in winter mode but with dew. Even leaf pullings that strike have the weird leaf form. I guess I'll leave it labeled as reticulata for now. Maybe between the two of us, one of us will get a flower one day, or get it producing carnivorous leaves. It's frustrating lol.

Thanks again Jim for your help. Most appreicated :).
Crystal

EDIT - I still might have that piece of paper you sent me with the numbers and names of the plants. If I can find it, it will solve the mystery of the first one.

Last edited:
I have had them at the same time, so there is a good possibility. You're getting good lighting on them!

Back