What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pygmy ID in flower

DrWurm

Californian in DC
I had an accident over the winter which resulted in the de-labeling and even death of many of my pygmy sundews I received in a gemmae swap. A couple of the stronger ones pulled through, but were left nameless. One of them has recently sent up a flower stalk.

The list of possibilities:
pygmaea-Tasmania
D. callistos
pygmaea (tricaullis)

3423793255_3d855b4ce7.jpg

3424599074_bca5e3ba8c.jpg

3423791399_b79715597f.jpg

If the petals are pink (which appears that they are) then i go with:
Drosera nitidula x occidentalis subsp. australis(?) (aka "Carbarup")
http://droseragemmae.com/images/carbarupf.jpg

p.s. : don't start to count the stigmas because in this case they can vary in number.

pygmaea (tricaullis)....what is that?

If the petals are pink (which appears that they are) then i go with:
Drosera nitidula x occidentalis subsp. australis(?) (aka "Carbarup")
http://droseragemmae.com/images/carbarupf.jpg

p.s. : don't start to count the stigmas because in this case they can vary in number.

Hmmm, that's not on my list of trades, of course, somebody I traded with may have been mistaken. I might have gotten occidentalis x pulchella too, I'm not sure though, I accidentally deleted some of those PMs.
pygmaea (tricaullis)....what is that?

Those gemmae were offered to me by jimscott I believe.

incredible shot of the stigmas in that first one!
lol, i completely mislabeled my gemmae from jimscott- to a species that wasn't even closely related!
I think i have my ids taken care of now...
That is too funny.

Hmmm, that's not on my list of trades, of course, somebody I traded with may have been mistaken. I might have gotten occidentalis x pulchella too, I'm not sure though, I accidentally deleted some of those PMs.

Those gemmae were offered to me by jimscott I believe.

Oh no... don't say that! I'll get nailed! If it came from me, it came from someone else and had the name "palacaea tricaullis". It might be the same ones in this pot, now taken over by a capensis. I've got flower scapes, so hopefully one will bloom while I'm home.

Picture019-2.jpg

Oh no... don't say that! I'll get nailed! If it came from me, it came from someone else and had the name "palacaea tricaullis". It might be the same ones in this pot, now taken over by a capensis. I've got flower scapes, so hopefully one will bloom while I'm home.

I have the PMs to prove it, you can't deny anything! Haha.

Back