What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Utic?) What in the world...

unknown.jpg

unknown2.jpg

unknown3.jpg

Appeared in both my Live Sphagnum container AND my container with cuttings that were taking root.

I'm guessing it's either some form of swamp plant (moss?) or a bladderwort. Any idea?

The soil these things grow in are rather tough, held together by... something under the ground, but that could be roots or something.

Since I'm aiming to clear out my growing chamber, I'm interested if these are worth keeping alive or if I should just toss them.

Edit: I also have something similar growing in my Pygmy pot:

pygmy-moss.jpg

But I think that's a patch of... something and some dwarf sphagnum? It's dying back with the rest of the plants in there.

Looks like moss sproutings?

I have the same thing, it's a type of moss that grows in slightly more shaded conditions. It does no harm to any CPs, just dont let it overgrow your seeds if you have a batch going.

I have the same thing, it's a type of moss that grows in slightly more shaded conditions. It does no harm to any CPs, just dont let it overgrow your seeds if you have a batch going.

Pretty sure it, along with the springtails, killed off all my D. Filiformis "Florida All Red" and Darlingtonia seeds. ??? But, too late for regrets -- and besides, I have more Darlingtonia seeds in the fridge, and more Florida All Red seeds incoming.

Pretty sure it, along with the springtails, killed off all my D. Filiformis "Florida All Red" and Darlingtonia seeds. ??? But, too late for regrets -- and besides, I have more Darlingtonia seeds in the fridge, and more Florida All Red seeds incoming.

I have a MAD case of springtails with my lowland truncata but no harm done, I sprayed neem oil but there's no keeping them away. They're like a bad case of fleas... On the positive side they dont do any damage to the roots or the plant itself. The moss itself shouldnt have done any harm to the seeds or seedlings. I have live sphagnum moss that grows like crazy in my seedling pots but I remove it regularly. This stuff has never been an issue for me inside or outside.

Back