What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This does not look like D. admirabilis

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I received this plant as D. admirabilis. To me, it looks like D. rotundifolia or capillaris. Whaddya think?

Picture002-9.jpg

I think spatulata...but you can always wait for the flowers to confirm it!

D. spatulata or D. burmannii?

Try feeding the outer tentacles. If they snap into the center of the leaf, it's a D. burmannii.

Don't think it's burmanii, too large and the leaves are too long.

Looks like spatulata to me as well, but like mark said flowers will help determine.
Maybe Aaron can better figure this one out.

It's not spatulata or burmannii. The shape of the petiole is wrong for a spatulata.

looks just like my D. aliciae.

Alex

The picture isn't showing up anymore, jim.
If it's the one that flowered for you a month ago, then that is the D. aliciae I sent you.
Otherwise, the only other thing I sent you was the D. 'Ivan's Paddle' and seeds.

It's this pot of plants:

Picture019-4.jpg

hmmm. those do look like D. natalensis that I grow at a younger age. The weird part is that I don't think I sent you any of those...
Here's a pic of mine so you can decide for yourself:
Natalensis.JPG

I know that CPblake mentioned that he sent you some D. dielsiana seeds a while ago (which I'm 99.9% sure are supposed to be labeled as D. natalensis), but you were describing your struggles with seed a while back, so I'm not sure whether or not you think these came up from seed.

Either way, you can be pretty sure that they are D. natalensis. Eventually, if they don't get anything to eat for a while and conditions are right, you'll start noticing the leaves will lose their circular shape, and will look a bit more like D. aliciae. I haven't upped a picture of that yet, so maybe I'll do that soon.

These came from a trading post offering. Hopefully, they will flower soon.

cool. to get a 100% id on them, here's a flower pic:
natalensis_flower.JPG

i'm already fairly certain these are the same as mine, though.

Back