What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.Edwardsiana hybrid ID?

Hi I was hoping that someone would be able to identify this plant for me it was sold as an edwardsiana hybrid but I don’t know what other nepenthes it has been crossed with.
the first photo was sent to me to show what the plant would look like full grow.
The other photos are of my plants they are still a bit small but starting to show some colour.

nep1j.jpg

1001162.jpg
1001172.jpg

1001164.jpg
1001167q.jpg

1001174.jpg
1001178.jpg

1001181.jpg
1001182.jpg

IIRC to date the only verified edwardsiana hybrid is eddie x burbidgea. It is hard to tell from your pics cause they are so small but it is possible that is what you have

maybe its just me... but i see rafflesiana/

Alex

Don't think it's a Raff, I've got one, and the one showed above isn't tubby enough. Even if it was a hybrid, I think it would show some 'bigness' to it, and not as long/narrow.
Are ya growing it outside now, or did you take the pic outdoors?? If those pitchers formed while you were growing the plant, how/where are you growing it now?? That might help. If it grows true to the top pic, you got one mighty nice Nep there!

Aslan

Looks to be maxima or stenophylla mixed with something. But it is probably not an edwardsiana hybrid. Where are you in the world? Who did you get it from? Did they have an import license? How much was it? If it was below $100 it is definitely not an edwardsiana hybrid.

Mr. Truncata, my burb x eddy was 79 I think ;)

yes i seen that plant before on another site well not yours but another . there is some Questioning as to the Eddy side of it i do beleive

oh it was 69$ for it
interesting ebay item up, raff x eddy, could explain this mystery plant ;)
though i still dont really see any Eddy in it

Back