What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rubras

bpullin

I drink to make others more interesting.
Hi gang,

Wondering if y'all can lend me your eyes and expertise? I have a bowl garden that has 2 rubras. At least they look like 2 different varieties to me. If anyone can venture a guess or two as to which types they are, that would be great. With my luck, they are probably the same variety.

Thanks in advance.

This first one is shorter than the other, has a more horizontal lid, and has a dark rim / lip.

40600015.jpg

This one is taller, less coloration, and the lid angles just a bit upward. Maybe a Jonesii?

40600016.jpg

Here is one showing both of them. Sorry about the blurriness. Cheap Wally-world camera (and shaky hands)

40600017-1.jpg

it seems like everyone wants to know about their rubras! im having the same trouble and these other posts have reminded me to take pictures of my own plants for ID. yours both look the same to me, but i dont know which variety they are. here are mine. obviously two different kinds that i need identified:

BTW i recieved these from the same dealer labeled only as s. rubra

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

Back