What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. longifolia Flower Scape?

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Or is it just some moss?
Picture008-10.jpg

Or is it just some moss?

Not a flower scape for the longifolia. Flowering scapes on longifolia tend to be thicker. They look like the cleistogamous scapes of a hitchhiker utric.

-Hermes.

Drat!!!

Technically, those pods hold moss spores, so they are not flowers. (Besides, mosses don't flower, they bear sporophytes).

U. longifolia flowers:

UlongifoliaHUGE.jpg

That's the closest picture I have to a scape.:blush:

Yeah, I saw lots of photos of the flowers, and some of the buds. They look similar, but not quite the same. I was hoping.....

DSC_00110001.jpg

DSC_00090001_2.jpg

One of my longifolia pots is putting up 2 scapes. This plant is very invasive in a tray culture. i tends to escape and invade every neighboring pot.

I am seeing that blooming seems to be facilitated by a crowded pot and seasonal changes. it is getting down to the 40's outisde where they are growing and those that I have kept warm constantly indoors are really not doing anything.

I did have the pot outside for a few months, but so far no real action. Beautiful flowers you guys have. Someday...

LOL! Okay, now I'm just plain envious!

Back