What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

now i have no idea what the heck this is...

yeah, definitely not a devils claw seedling. the pot's only 3 inches wide!

yes Katie, i got it from you! it came in with the pinguicula cyclosecta pot from way back in october. i guess the seedling plant didnt pop open until now. hahahaha. i should have asked YOU first!

Mimulus (i suppose) it is!

Thanks everyone for participating!

Aha!!!

It's Mimulus guttatus.

Move it to it's own pot, and keep it dead-headed, unless you want the seeds to spread. The flowers are REALLY cute. The bigger the pot, the bigger it'll get. I have one growing with a Nepenthes, many more in the bog and other random pots.

That's the "short" plant I got from someone else in the club. I also found a two to three foot robust form near Pescadero, and a medium scrawny form in the Delta that the leaves turn purple when it gets hot. I've become infatuated with this stuff.

Hey that's a very cute little plant, sort of like a yellow snapdragon / bladderwort flower!

Mimulus_guttatus

The other plant really looks like a young D. binata.

The other plant really looks like a young D. binata.

yeah. Katie said there was a D. binata dichotoma that was weeding her greenhouse. could be that. once when the plantlets are bigger, i'll probably give them away or trade. i dont have any space for these suckers once they get big.

Yup yup yup.

Keep the Mimulus, if you like, but put it in it's own pot. It's quite hardy, being native.

Back