What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. Intermedia 'cuba'?

Hey all, just wondering if my assumptions are correct, I lost the ID a long time ago and am just wondering if this guy is who he really is. It's just smaller than a silver dollar, and leaves are uniform in size.
DSCN3697.jpg

DSCN3696.jpg

for the 3 weeks that i had D. intermedia 'cuba', i can say that i dont think your plant is one. your plant's petioles are a little thick when compared to an intermedia. furthermore, the plant likes to have it's newest leaves tilted upward, something like 45* to 60*, just like a regular D. intermedia. the only difference i believe with 'cuba' is that it can be grown as a tropical and is slightly redder than the regular one. plus, it's found in cuba.

speaking of which, have i ever told you that i hate the spathulata complexes? because i think that your plant is one of them...and i dont even have the slightest clue on how to begin systematically identifying them.

im not sure but i dont think its intermedia, dosent intermedia lift its self an a central stalk as it ages , a couple of yours look mature but are still nestled to the media, but im not the expert here , so i guess it could be some hybrid , or a cultivar im not familiar with , it is nice though , and wouldn't intermedia be dormant now or is this in side.
sorry you asked what it is , not what its not, im not sure .spathulata?

just for comparison, here's my spatulata:
DSCN3724.jpg

That's no intermedia. They should have a dome-like rosette shape, not flat like a plate. I have no idea what it is, but it's very pretty nonetheless.

That definitely looks like a capillaris to me

That definitely looks like a capillaris to me

I don't recall ever seeing a capillaris with a stem... if it is a North American dew (like I said in the chatbox earlier this evening), it has to be an intermedia hybrid as that is the only NA dew to make a stem. If it flowers and the seed is fertile, it is a dew species from somewhere other than North America. If the seed is sterile, my money is on an intermedia hybrid.

It does look very much intermedia x brevifolia.

Ah, I see

definitely not d. intermedia...

dont know about hybrids but i'm leaning against it...

looks like a capillaris to me as well.

Back