What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identify this sundew

Need help with this Drosera. What do you think it could be?

nidiformis?

I am asking because guy who sold me this plant claims it is Capillaris which I say it is impossible.

well actually I think is could be the long arm form or something... but I'm not so good at identifying

Its d. intermedia . Might look a little wacky because its the middle of winter but to me it is a very typical intermedia.

hybrid between Intermedia and Capillaris

i agree with wolfn, from pictures ive seen it defiantly resembles d.intermedia x capillaris

It could be D. capillaris. It could be D. intermedia. The form on both of these vary considerable depending on location and growth conditions.

Without closeups of the stipules at the base of the petioles it is difficult for the non-expert to make a good ID.

It appears to be flowering. Seed will give the best indicator of the species. If it doesn't produce seed it may or may not be a non-fertile hybrid. A fertile plant may not produce seed for a number of reasons: not mature enough, under nourished, failure to self-pollinate, etc.

Otherwise since you can see the details of the plant key the species out against a checklist of the publish species descriptions:

http://www.omnisterra.com/botany/cp/pictures/drosera/0077.htm

D. capillaris "long arm" Tate's Hell Swamp, FL
P2270032copy.jpg

LOL! It's a "D. roundandstickia"!

Back