What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this what I THINK it is?!?

And if so, what kind of dew is it? That's the "red" sphagnum I brought home from the bog, and I found this growing in it tonight.

100_3452.jpg

100_3449.jpg

I need to check Schnell's range map, but I believe that that's D. rotundifolia.

REALLY!?!? I really wanted one of those. lol

leaf blade wider than long was the key character. might be a bit small to see. but one leave seems to be the case.

leaf blade wider than long was the key character. might be a bit small to see. but one leave seems to be the case.

yeah, it is tiny.. Pretty tough to get pics of at the moment. It is a dew though right?

yeah, it is tiny.. Pretty tough to get pics of at the moment. It is a dew though right?

I can say very confidently, yes, it is a dew.

i think i have had this species germinate from plain old peat or LFS. Could tell it didnt like my too warm temps as compared to D. rotundoflolia 'Charles Darwin'.

i think i have had this species germinate from plain old peat or LFS. Could tell it didnt like my too warm temps as compared to D. rotundoflolia 'Charles Darwin'.

recommendations? It grew up over night in 78degF and 85% humidity.

Very nice little dew you have there. Love the red sphagnum too.

dunno. YMMV. I have issues with 80F days. too much UV light and humidity dropping at night to the 40%. You live in the zone where they grow. Hard to compare......

Very nice little dew you have there. Love the red sphagnum too.

THANKS BRO! I've got 5 pots of it growing in 5 different conditions. I'll start a thread on them tomorrow.

It's nice to see everything starting to bloom..

Back