What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forgotten Sundew!

intermedia?

It really looks like Intermedia :)

Wow, that was a nice clump of them-and with the flowers open, too!
Sorry to see your mom killed them :/.
Surprisingly, my parents have been able to keep my dews alive for 2 years now!!! I do feel guilty for making my parents fill the tray every week, but there's just no room for them here...

It was a really nice pot of sundews actually! I do believe that not long after this picture it died. My mom cannot be trusted.

I have some promises of seed of Drosera intermedia I will be happy to share with you when I receive it.

Gasp! Oh my Tamlin that would be so awesome! Unfortunately I have nothing to give you in return. I am just starting again now that I have an apartment where my mom will not be present!

I've got some D. intermedia with location data if you want some. Just send another SASE and they are yours!!

it looks like nidiformis to me

It depends where you got them. I just have to ask, is it a local source? I think I know who it is if it is.

Hokie,

You will be getting some d. intermedia from me in your SASE. I plan on mailing it on Monday, but possibly tomorrow if I can remember in my drowsy Saturday morning slumber.

I have it all ready, just need to mail.

I got it from Sarracenia Northwest a long time ago.

And thank you so much Dashman! You are awesome that is for sure!

definitely looks like intermedia, flower stalk comes out sideways from what i can tell in your photo, had it raised directly from the center, i would have said anglica....
also remember hokie, that it is against forum rules to name outside vendors other than flytrapshop.com.
anyway, nice plants :) they should be going dormant soon if your growing them outdoors

I got it from Sarracenia Northwest a long time ago.

And thank you so much Dashman! You are awesome that is for sure!
Ahh. Thought youmay have gotten it from David.

Millipede,

Here are two ways of telling Drosera intermedia from Drosera nidiformis: the petioles of Drosera intermedia lack any hairs, and if you took a cross section would appear nearly round. Drosera nidiformis has tiny hairs on the petiole, which is flat on one side so would appear like a half moon in cross section

Back