What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Nepenthes

Hey. My name is Phil and I picked up this nepenthes a few days ago. This is the first nep I have owned, and other than a little bit of experience with flytraps and a few pitcher plants I don't know much about carnivores. I just wanted to see if someone could identify this species for me, and also give me some information on how to care for this plant. I actually found it in my local supermarket for $16 and I just had to pick it up. Like I said, I know very little about this plant so any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the pics:
plilgeberg

plilgeberg

plilgeberg

plilgeberg

Thanks!

i dont see any pics
Looks like a miranda though :p

Yeah, idk why the picks didn't show up. It works if you right click and open in a new tab.

Here's yer post...and Tali's right imho ;)

Hey. My name is Phil and I picked up this nepenthes a few days ago. This is the first nep I have owned, and other than a little bit of experience with flytraps and a few pitcher plants I don't know much about carnivores. I just wanted to see if someone could identify this species for me, and also give me some information on how to care for this plant. I actually found it in my local supermarket for $16 and I just had to pick it up. Like I said, I know very little about this plant so any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the pics:

050.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

069.jpg

Thanks!

Is N.mixta ;)

Looks like N. 'Miranda'.

Yuh, it's a Miranda if I've ever seen one.

I want to know where you live that supermarkets sell Nepenthes that size for $16!

I found it at the Ingles in Boone, NC. I was really surprised to find one there after looking online and seeing significantly smaller ones for the same price. I've been doing research on it since like I said, it is my first nep and I just repotted it into spagnum moss and orchid bark. It looks like they had it in spagnum and maybe coconut husk, but it was really packed in there and the drainage was terrible. I have it in South facing window that gets a great amount of light, but only direct light for about two or three hours in the evening. Does anyone with experience in keeping this species have any tips/pointers for me?

that is an amazing find for 16$ like crazy......i wish i could find something like that.

There's still one left actually, but I don't really have the space right now for a plant of that magnitude. I was thinking about buying it, but I don't know. Maybe if it's still there when I get my next paycheck.

Back