What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia from Home Depot

My mom bought these from Home Depot last year and thought theyd make pretty houseplants...in the garage :-( They had to skip dormancy this year, so I hope it doesn't hurt em down the road, but I've got em outside now in a circulating bog. They've begun pushing up pitchers so I was hoping it'd be a good time to ask for an ID. They're from Nurserymen's Exchange, if that helps any. Their website only lists "Sarracenia," though there's a picture Bloomrite Sarracenia

And my own photo:

i'm inclined to think S. judith hindle, especially coming from HD.

Idk what it is but its very beautiful:).

Judith hindle almost 100% certain. :)

thanks everybody :) i was worried it might be a Dana's Delight because I just bought one and I can't differentiate between Sarracenia...yet! I'll label it as a "Likely Judith Hindle"

Dana's doesn't have quite the frilly flaring of the hood, dead give away. Of course, it *could* be some cross that *looks like* Judith Hindle.

Based on not only the look of the plant, but also knowing what plants are commonly in tissue culture, are "mass produced"
and sold at places like Home Depot = 98% probability: Judith Hindle.

Scot

Sarracenia "Judith Hindle".

'Dana's Delight' seems to be more on the pink side, although I haven't seen them in person.

'Judith Hindle' is purple-ish. Pik's plant is a match for 'Judith Hindle', IMO.

Thanks for the pictures halt. Since I took the picture of my pitcher (picture of my pitcher, picture of my pitcher picture of my pitcher hehehe), the red has really deepened and I can see that it's clearly not a Dana's Delight. Still, it was never labelled Judith Hindle, and though I defer to the forum's experience, I can't in good conscience label it thus. Any possible future trades would include a disclaimer along the lines of "Home Depot Sarracenia, most likely Judith Hindle." Thanks for the input everyone!

Looks like JH to me as well.

This is a mature "Daina's Delight"
sarrs10607011800x601.jpg

Back