What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

venricosa x ?

K this is a lowes rescue. I at first thought it was ventricosa but now I'm pretty darn sure it's not pure. Any ideas?

DSCN5094-1.jpg

DSCN5095.jpg

from lowes? probably ventrata.

I don't think it's a ventrata, maybe backcrossed into ventricosa.. the pitchers just dont have the neck for it I believe...maybe it's just the noob speaking.

Looks like my N. ventricosa pitchers looked before they started to mature. I put some coffee on mine and in a couple months it was developing more maturish pitchers, I'll take a snapshot if you want, where you can see mature vs. immature.

Reminds me vaguely of khasiana.

@soopa Yeah, I would love to see some pics.

I'd also say it is a Ventrata, here's some pictures of mine when it was younger, looks pretty similiar

IMG_1878_1.jpg

IMG_1871_1.jpg

that plant looks exactly like my ventricosa !!! exactly !!!!

I got one of those from low's that looke exactly like that and I called the nursery on the container they said they only do ventricosa and sanguinae. Now that it's 9" across it is putting out a typical ventricosa pitcher with less spotting

callmemonkey - your plant is a young ventricosa red....

Back