What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mushroom ID

Mushroom ID / More Pics Added

Anyone know / have any idea what kind of mushroom this is???

Haven't seen one in a while
Use to see them all of the time when I had a lot of high humidity critter tanks going

Mainly wondering because they're starting to grow in my crab tank & want to find out if they are poisonous or not

Thanx
DC

Last edited:
I've gotten those before along with shaggy capped ones and tall skinny grey ones. Have you got orchid bark in your soil mix? I believe this is where it comes from. When I use shredded Cypress mulch instead of fine orchid bark I don't get shrooms.

I have Geosesarma crabs they don't seem interested in the mushrooms.

I've never believed mushrooms did any harm however, I've got a gray shroom from somewhere infesting my live sphagnum moss in the HL tank and it seems to be turning the moss from green to blonde/white so I plucked out the bulk of it. The odd thing is, it's also invaded my Utricularia humboldtii pot and until the shrooms the U. humboldtii never did well, now it's actually growing lots of leaves (well about six)... ???

humboldtii1.jpg

Back