What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. filiformis?

pappydew

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me.
These came up in my binata pot although aren't shaping out to be binata...sorry the pic isn't exactly zoomed in, I can quick grab another if this isn't enough. Obviously the one on the left is a capensis ;)

Looks like D. indicia or D. hartmeyerorum. Guess it could also maybe be possibly B. liniflora.

Have you sowed any of these seeds lately?

Nope, it would have been last summer...although that does remind me that I did have a B. liniflora at the same time as the filiformis and if I do remember correctly it did flower...hmmm...I'm interested to see what comes of these guys

Funny thing is that I had the same thing happen to me. I sowed some D. indicia seeds that didn't germinate for like 6 months. I then reused the pot for D. filiformis seeds and a month or so later, some D. indicia popped up. I thought they were filiformis until I noticed branching leaves. Someone here on TF set me straight when I raised the exact same question.

That may be the reason for whatever these guys are popping up now. I had to repot my binatas at some point late last summer and so some seeds may have been transferred over.

indicia for sure

That is what it looks like, or the B. liniflora

Oh jeez I think I had some indicia seed as well at some point lol

Back