What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia ID help needed

Hi friends, i am new to CP's and i couldn't ID my Sarracenia so i need some help :D.
I bought this plant a month ago and since then i've tried to ID it, to me it looks like a Sarr Flava but i am not sure. Thank you all for help.
P1080702.jpg

P1080701.jpg

P1080700.jpg

P1080699.jpg

P1080697.jpg

Wow, I wonder what kind of conditions it was grown in to get that large but still have such lanky green pitchers? Anyway, and this is just my opinion (take it with a grain of salt since I'm still a CP newbie), but it looks like a S. minor hybrid to me. The pitchers have that distinctly hooded appearance, and S. minor also has those large lobes in the front of the pitchers which aren't so apparent on S. flava. Seems like it could be a S. minor x S. flava hybrid, but I think you're going to have to let it grow out a bit in the sunlight to see what its pitchers are really supposed to look like. Be sure to post pictures as it puts out new pitchers!

I dont see any flava in it could be an alata or an alata hybrid I agree with Natalie It needs to grow out more in more light to be able to ID it .flava hood is more recurved sometimes the edges of the lid almost touch eaach other
A gr8 tool to use is CPPhotofinder.com
(sure hope I got that domain name correct) to help ID many CPs

Hi there! thank you all for help, i will let it grow and then try to ID the plant :D

It looks like a possible rubra to me because of the all green, we could be able to tell when it has several pitchers and not brown like this one, it just looks like rubra to me.
It also looks like a possible Flava i can tell it loks alike to the lid of my flavas.

Good luck! :)

I agree with the possibility os S. rubra... ang allowing time for fresh pitchers to come in.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

This is one example of a rubra:

035.jpg

Back