What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Nep ID needed

Hi

Like everyone else who posts here I need help with an ID. I thought this might be some sort of green maxima but I changed my mind (a hybrid perhaps ?) The lid is far too narrow for a maxima. The pitchers are about 6 inches long, and is completely green with the exception of the the mottling on underside of the lid, minimal mottling inside the pitcher and the the striping on the peristome. What looks like black spots under the lid are just a condensed area of red. Yes that is a little spur sticking out from behind in the first photo.

Help ??? anyone ? Bueller ? Bueller ?

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

GORGEOUS upper of something.. looks like veitchii x eymae almost.

I agree with mass, or could be veitchii x fusca

recently opened N. 'Miranda' that has not developed full color on periostome?

DSC_00250001_3.jpg

I agree with kulamauiman. That looks like an upper pitcher (or whatever you're suppose to call it) of a Nepenthes 'Miranda'.

Just curious... where'd it come from? May help...

Any pics of the whole plant?

where un upstate ny u from?

Could it be an ovata upper?

Wow .. thanks for all the suggestions ...

Sad to say it is definitely not a miranda .. I have two and both have produced upper and lower pitchers and this looks nothing like them. The striped peristome is mature, it will not get redder, in addition the lid is much narrower than a miranda lid.

It could be a veitchii hybrid as I will buy anything with veitchii in it. And it does look fusca x veitchii-ish except for the 'fins' (is that what you call them ?) along the body of the pitcher.

I don't remember where it is from - could be Ebay for all I know. I'll post a picture of the whole plant tonight. If it helps the leaves are relatively narrow -- about an inch and a half across and about 10 inches long, light green and kinda leathery feelling. The pitcher feels more papery than waxy.

Upstate is a realative term, but in my case .. In the mid-hudson valley in the New Paltz area.

The lid is saying maxima is part of the parentage. Could it be maxima x veitchii?

Mystery Solved

Hi everyone .. I think the mystery has been solved. It occured to me that the plant likely was from Leilani Nursery, so I went to their forum and searched the unregistered hybrids for anything with veitchii in it. This the the N. fusca x veitchii
http://lhnn.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=hybridssc&thread=200&page=1

I would say that pictures four and five could be pictures of my plant ... so I am going with N. fusca x veitchii ..Thanks to everyone for their help :hail:

Back