What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundew ID needed.

I found this little dude growing in some sphagnum moss that I got a while back. It is defenantly not something that is in my collection. I initially thought it was rotundifolia but then I thought it may be a peltata.

Snap tentacles are present.

zooandsundewsp077.jpg

zooandsundewsp076.jpg

I planted it in dead LFS.

D. rotundifolia, no doubt.

Probably D. rotundifolia, hard to tell exactly from the photos. Where did you get the Sphagnum moss? Knowing is growing.

It came from keehn's carnivores, he grows both of those species, normally I would not have considered peltata but the plant itself is emerging from a strange stem of dead leaves underground. Maybe the original plant was just super etiolated...

Probably etoliated. Any Drosera will grow that way, especially if it goes dormant in live Sphagnum moss and the moss continues to grow over the crown. Root offshoots will look like that too until they break the surface and get enough light.

A similar thing happened to me once, and I considered it D. peltata but then reconsidered because D. peltata doesn't usually pop up in soil like D. rotundifolia can.

I even found some random D. intermedia in some sphagnum bought from HB.

I will lable it. Thanks!

Back