What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowland But Which Species?

dionae

sarracenia lover
I bought this as a mixed lowland nepenthes. It has serrated/spiky leaf edges that look very nice. I know it could be a hybrid just wondering if anyone recognizes this plant? Thank you!

dscf4409g.jpg

dscf4411o.jpg

dscf4412pq.jpg

I see spikey leaves like that on my 'Effulgent Koto'.

It's hard to tell since many LL species look like that, some N. rafflesiana have the spikes, and sackful of N. mirabilis variants :p

Your Effulgent Koto is beautiful. Is it a lowland?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Thank you c12!

Your Effulgent Koto is beautiful. Is it a lowland?

So I'm told. But it's been grown in HL conditions for 2 years, and is now 7ft. tall with lots of uppers.

I was looking at pics of it from 2010, I think. Any newer pics?

IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_9785.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

my fiance then..

IMG_8083.jpg

my fiance now..

IMG_9171.jpg

Beautiful!

The fiance and the nep:).

Dionae - i can almost guarantee that nep is a mirabilis variant.... the fimbriated leaves (the little spines if you will, along the leaves) the shape of its leaves, the attachments, down to its growth habit... I almost leaned in the direction of an amp/mirabilis hybrid because in the first photo it appeared that the leaves were covered in the odd dust/fluff that ampullaria tends to get on its leaves... Give it some time to grow, but im fairly certain what you have is indeed a mirabilis.

Thanks SK. My first guess was globosa but the pitchers looked too elongated. Looks like i'll have to wait and see. Thanks again!

Dionae- N. globosa is a variety of mirabilis, literally N. mirabilis var. globosa
Every part of var. globosa is identical to your standard mirabilis outside of the obvious pitcher morphology, and some var. globosa have a tuberous root stock, which is more of a locale thing...

Isn't mirabilis var glabrosa aka viking??

I believe so JB.

Back