What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Sarracenia ssp???

Creepy

Creepy
424429_397491423601370_148190908531424_1729123_406941316_n.jpg

428089_397520820265097_148190908531424_1729284_92609423_n.jpg

These probably are extremely poor pictures to provide, but this is my odd little Sarracenia which i purchased a few years ago and haven't had much success with.

It developes a green colouring when grown in full shade and when grown in part sun developes a red/orange ting... Im thinking its more then likely a leucophylla x + umlauftiana + rubra... but to be honest i have no idea. ???

Does anyone have any suggestions on what cross species this possibly is?

thanx

Last edited:
Alexis has a keen eye for sussing out what makes up a hybrid but with complex hybrids you will never be certain of the exact combinations. Take more photos of more pitchers and flower color might give some clues but again most likely you'll never know for sure without tracking down the plants pedigree.

I agree with not a number but if I had to guess I would guess Psitt x leuco x flava. How old is the plant? How tall do the pitchers get?

Looks like it needs more sun. Put it where it can get as much sun as possible and it will color up nicely and do better. It could have Psitt and leuco in it, but probably will never know. Nice plant though.

Ive had the plant for only about hmmm 2years and its never really grown much since,,, only just this year its started to colour up a bit and produce slightly larger pitchers from about 8-15cm in height,,, hasnt flowered for me yet!!! :O

yup i agree leave it in full sun for as long as possible during the day and maybe it will help with figuring out its parents? Also it does look like it has luco as part of its parentage

Looks kinda like a S. X umlauftiana (purpurea x psitticina X leucophylla x pstitticina) that could use some more light.

Back