What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Sprout?

5tvs4k.jpg

It's been in that soil for a long time now. _________________^ (Straight up from there.)

Not sure what it is, but I potted those plants around Fall.

Can't really make it out but it from what I see it appears to be a Sarracenia seedling. At least that's what it looks like from the seed coat. Did any of your Sarracenia flower last year?

Can't really make it out but it from what I see it appears to be a Sarracenia seedling. At least that's what it looks like from the seed coat. Did any of your Sarracenia flower last year?

Nope.

dvg08g.jpg

That really does look like a Sarracenia seedling. Watch and see if the cotyledons are long and narrow.

It is probably some seeds a passing bird gifted you, whether you wanted it or not.

That sounds like good news!

But it's serious been over a half a year since I got this soil, how long can these seeds last?

Where did you get the soil from? If it's from a CP nursery, then a Sarr. seed is possible. If it's from the local hardware store, then it's more likely a birdy seedling.

I got it from a nursery.

2ahcsc7.jpg

Back