What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help Identifying this sarr.

Hello everyone I acquired this last year and it was labeled "sarr x hybrid" I have been searching through pics to try and identify it myself with no luck and was wondering if anyone might know what it is? ???

unknownsarr.jpg

I appreciate any help/input.

Some guesses:
Oreophylla Cross purpurea backcross oreophylla
oreophylla cross leucophylla (backcross oreophylla?)

the oreophyllas in these guesses could be replaced with flava, possibly, but really looks like the influence of oreophylla to me, especially in the lip shape.

Now, someone who really knows their sarrs come and tell this guy what he has!
Truth is, you may never know for sure the exact cross, but you can make some good guesses

Complex hybrids are difficult to identify; if there is more than two or three species in its pedigree, things start to get very muddy, very quickly. That said, I would agree that it appears there is significant S. oreophila influence here. It is also quite likely that either (or both) S. flava/S. leucophylla are in its pedigree.

Would also guess some oreo x leuco type mix. Oreo definitely stands out for sure in pitcher appearance, flower reminds me of leuco. Hybrids are tough if not impossible to ID 100% though.

Back