What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia ID

I have a Utric that I need help identifying. A month ago I found a clump in a hidden pot that was barely surviving that I thought was long gone years ago:)-D). I took it and put it in this pot, gave it some TLC and its now growing rapidly and is happy, but I'm not sure which type it is. I don't have any pictures of the flowers as it hasn't flowered yet, just the foliage.

I do know that its one of three plants (sandersonii, prehensilis, and subulata) because its the only ones I've ever had on the property. Is it possible to tell what it is if its narrowed down by these three types?
utric.jpg

It's either prehensilis or praelonga but, given your choices....U. prehensilis.

Hmmmm I just looked up praelonga pictures and that looks so much more like what I have than prehensilis does. I'm wondering if I somehow got the wrong names of what I had. I'm going to go back into my old archives to check. Thanks!

Back