What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT ID is needed please.

I think its a green dragon and a akai ryu x akai ruy, but im not sure. Its young plants. I grow this from seeds since last summer. The seeds where from bcp.com, the vft allred mix seeds.

8525502774_7f0b2e2c93.jpg

8524388493_f0e2da2c71.jpg

8525503808_f2a8f0ebaf.jpg

8524389437_7d03c294b2.jpg

*what do you guys think?

Maiden, if you grew it from seed, then it will probably not exactly match the description of any cultivar. Only clones/divisions of the plants you named can be said to be the same cultivar really. So whatever you are growing is just the child of that parent!

As you wrote, its hard saying what specie/clone/child/mix i have ! But maybe someone have the same or almost the same to help me.

I'm no expert but I'd think that unless you knew the exact parentage (probably not too hard considering they came from specific clones), and the parents of the parent plants, even then it would be difficult/ nearly impossible to say. To my knowledge even if you were to breed a green dragon with an akai ruy, since the offspring will be seed grown they could be anything in the lineage of either of those plants with any new given genetic traits or mutations. So pretty much if its grown from seed its just a mutt of some other vft's. So to name it any specific cultivar name (and I think even green dragon x akai ruy) would be incorrect as Vbkid stated above. I'm sure some other people have plants that look very similar if not identical but even if they ha the exact parents they wouldn't be the same plant. Every seed that came out of that batch will be a different plant. Sorry to reiterate so much. I hope I have been of even a little help and furthermore I hope what I said is correct. I'll edit this post if I'm wrong to avoid confusion. Either way those are some cool fly traps! I really need to add more to my collection...

Thx a lot for the information :)

That red one looks like it has some "Green Dragon".

Back