What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a cephalotus seedling

Hard to say, but I think it is suspicious that the first true leaf is a blade, not a pitcher. All of my Cephalotus produced a pitcher immediately after the cotyledons.

I've tried comparing to pics online and theleaves look the same to me. I am just trying to get outside opinions.

Having just ID'ed several Ceph seedlings (forgot that I sowed the seeds a year ago :0o: ), I'd say you have a cephling coming up. The next "leaf" looks pretty bulbous and reminds me of the first pitchers I saw after one leaf was produced.

Having just ID'ed several Ceph seedlings (forgot that I sowed the seeds a year ago :0o: ), I'd say you have a cephling coming up. The next "leaf" looks pretty bulbous and reminds me of the first pitchers I saw after one leaf was produced.
Yay Man I sure hope so thanks for your input.

Ive had them produce leaves first, but as Paul says usually its pitcher first after the cotyledons.

See the top seedling.

Cephalotus seedlings by A.Dalke, on Flickr

They sure do look alike I hope it is

Back