What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID for Sarracenia

looks like Dana's Delight to me... Mine often looks like that early in the season.

Definitely not a form of rubra, absolutely a leucophylla hybrid of some kind. Could be Dana's Delight, we'll have to see a more mature pitcher to be sure though.

I'd agree we need a more mature pitcher. I get pitchers like that on my Daina's Delight, some of my x readii's, and young leucos every year.

Okay ! Thanx :) i will post new pictures in a week or 2!

Mhmm on many website i see 'dayna', 'daina' and 'dana'.

Its the same plant?

Basically. It's officially registered as 'Dana's Delight', but the person it was named after was actually named Daina, so some people (myself included) use the correct epithet instead of the fully official but misspelled name. People may argue with me on my using sometimes, but we do what we do. The other spelling, with the y, is just an improper misspell.

Basically. It's officially registered as 'Dana's Delight', but the person it was named after was actually named Daina, so some people (myself included) use the correct epithet instead of the fully official but misspelled name. People may argue with me on my using sometimes, but we do what we do. The other spelling, with the y, is just an improper misspell.

So, it's like Linnaeus misspelling Aldrovandia as Aldrovanda.

Basically. And yes, the original spelling was to honor someone named Aldrovandi, can't remember why, but there was a spelling mishap, and it became Aldrovanda instead.
As for the naming of the plant in question here (which after looking at my plants outside I bet yours is Dana's/Daina's Delight), I use the original spelling just to commemorate correctly who it was named after.

its the same plant ? It look like wider.

Last edited:
His plant is just much larger. Pitchers can get very wide, the lids even wider.

the veins in my plant are larger too

As they often are in small plants. I have a SG leuco that started out solid red, only now are the veins thinning out to make room for the white. The Daina's do the same thing: start out kind of maroon-pink, then as pitcher get bigger they get the areoles.

As they often are in small plants. I have a SG leuco that started out solid red, only now are the veins thinning out to make room for the white. The Daina's do the same thing: start out kind of maroon-pink, then as pitcher get bigger they get the areoles.

Your analyse is very good, because my plant is young. I buyed this sars in a gifts shop. No dormancy for years, dry relative air, etc. Still in recovery 2 years after, but starting to look good!

Back