What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia ID

hey I have another batch to ID. When I went to move them I noticed the tags are worn :( 2 I am fairly certain about and the third I have a general idea. As before all these are known cultivars so ID shouldn't be too bad.....just not veteran enough yet to know by looking at them.

first up I believe is an alata typical

102_0854_zps160d6437.jpg

next up I believe is a rubra typical but could be a variant.

102_0855_zps79848fd7.jpg

lastly is a rubra variant or ssp........im thinking wherri maybe? but could be another one. gulf maybe? alabamensis? thoughts?

102_0856_zps3bb69edc.jpg

102_0857_zpsfd5bcf8a.jpg

I'd agree with the first two, though maybe number 2 is leaning more toward the lines of gulfensis. The 3rd reminds me a great deal of my alabamensis.

you are probably correct. i have traded for an alabamensis just when i got it all the pitchers were cut and it was dormant. I have also traded for a gulfensis but was fairly certain it was the typical i traded for a while back.....must mean the typical is lurking in my other planter. def need to continue to move forward with potting individually or 3 or less to a pot which is a necessity as they grow in size. thx for the input btw

Back