What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping ID, flowers included

Ping #1

Flower #1

Ping #2

Flower #2

#1 is Pinguicula sp. Tonala "ANPA A". Here is mine for comparison:

#2 Appears to be Pinguicula sp. Pachuca. Again, mine for comparison. I don't have photos of the leaves but they do have that red coloration.

I know there was a question whether one of these plants was "ANPA C". Here is my "ANPA C" flower. Doesn't really resemble either flower.

Last edited:
I agree with Cthulhu138, the first one appears to match the flower he shows as P. "ANPA A". From the CP Photofinder, someone has linked a flower that closely resembles your second one, it's labeled simply as P. "ANPA", though your flower is slightly malformed (which happens sometimes with Pinguicula). Identification would be easier with a better formed flower, perhaps the next one produced. Apparently no one has those other plants and their flowers, available out there to put in the CP Photofinder, yet.

Really like your 1st and 3rd flowers, Johnny. Do they take typical Mexican ping culture? (If so, then I will have to keep my eyes open for them.)

Really like your 1st and 3rd flowers, Johnny. Do they take typical Mexican ping culture? (If so, then I will have to keep my eyes open for them.)

Yup, nothing special about their care. These Tonala species plants seem to be very closely related to P.moranensis and their care is the same.

They're not too common but I usually always have a few extras kicking around.

#1 was confirmed as ANPA A by the vendor, a little mistake in packing.
#2 was bought as ANPA D, the flower is damaged from shipping much more than the ANPA A flower, but I do see some differences in the flower from the Pachuca flower, it looks a little closer to some of the pics on cpphotofinder of ANPA D. The vendor was confident the ID was good too. I'll throw up another ID thread for the next flower whenever that happens though, just to get some more opinions with a good flower since there seems to be a bit of doubt.

They're not too common but I usually always have a few extras kicking around.

Then perhaps come spring I'll check back and see if I might have anything of interest for possible trade fodder. :D (Though it would be a non-cp as I can't imagine I have any cps you don't already.)

Back