What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery Drosera

Hi all,

I had this Drosera pop up in one of my pots so I replanted it into a single pot and got it growing in my Terrarium as it did not like the heat outside for some reason (died back to the root).
The Drosera did not grow from seed, I think rather from roots already in the pot as it grew really fast and was more mature than a seedling.

It kinda looks like a Spatulata but also not.

What do you all think?

IMG_20150324_194952272.jpg

IMG_20150324_194946630_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150324_194937610_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150324_194919042_HDR.jpg

D. venusta perhaps? Or maybe D. natalensis.

Could be D. dielsiana as well. Hard to say without flowers or seeds. Generally, D. dielsiana has more slender flower stalks than other South African species. D. dielsiana also apparently lacks hairs on the petioles that are present on D. natalensis. I can't really tell from the pictures, but your plant doesn't look very hairy to me.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like venusta nor natalensis (and SerMuncherIV, basically all "dielsiana" in cultivation are natalensis; that species may not exist in collections), but it does resemble South African species as well as the spatulata complex. Unfortunately, it's a little small to be clear and flowers are probably needed.

Thanks all, I will make sure to feed it so it grows quicker and report back when it's larger and hopefully flowering.

I have got quite a bit of Vensuta in my collection and this mystery plant does not look like any of the Venusta I have grown, from seed or leaf cuttings.

Last edited:
Back