What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown sundews found

I have found these sundews in the pot of a recent sarracenia purchase and would be grateful for any guesses as to what they are. Im thinking that the ones to the outside are tubers? They appear to be the same species.
DSCF5742.jpg

DSCF5747.jpg

DSCF5753.jpg

One of them looks like D. capensis to me, the one to the left, and the one to the right maybe D. rotundifolia? I'm not 100% sure on either of those since there so small.

Last edited:
The sundew in the first picture and to the right on the other two pictures looks like D. rotundifolia to me. Can't say I'm too sure about the other...

I wouldn't be surprised if that plant with the more rounded leaves ends up being a form of D. binata. The leaves look a bit oblong to me which is what D. binata looks like before forming mature forked leaves. I would expect D. rotundifolia leaves to be more round.

The other is most likely D. capensis, the weed that it is.

Agreed with nimbulan. The plants are still too small to say anything definitively, but from what I've seen of seedlings I'd say capensis and binata.

Thanks for the input guys.

I am going to guess D. rotundifolia in the first two pics although binata does start off looking a lot like rotundifolia, and the last pic either D. intermedia or capensis. Please post pics when they are bigger :-D

well, just in case if you still want to see how they turned out, here they are.

Last edited:
Yup, D. binata and D. capensis.

Back