What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petiolaris Drosera identification

I got this plant as Drosera derbyensis, but I'm not sure since the petioles seem kind of wide.

DSC_0937.jpg

This plant came as Drosera brevicornis but I don't think that is the case as the traps don't appear to be elongated.

DSC_0932.jpg

I really hope they aren't hybrids.

I would expect a D. derbyensis to have hairy petioles, which your plant doesn't appear to. It very would could be a hybrid, since many petiolaris complex plants in cultivation are given the difficulty of propagation.

I'm definitely not an expert though, perhaps someone who grows these plants could chime in.

I am not the most knowledgeable of petiolaris sundew growers out there but I do have some years of experience. Growing conditions can make a huge difference in appearance with this group of plants. I am uncertain about what species they are but given lots of light and overall good growing conditions you may see big differences in them over time.

Back