What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venus flytrap form lowes

I just got this guy form Lowes. It was the only one of this form, the others were dentaes. The traps are around 1 inch long. It came from a place called Altman plants and I have already looked at their website it doesn't help much. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
1zm09dd.jpg

It's a very nice,healthy looking, typical VFT. Congrats!

Yeah I thought that too, they still looked healthy so I said get one.

that particular one looks to be one of the best ive ever seen from a deathcube. good luck sir

Looks to be in good shape for a lowes buy! Altman plants ..hmmm...ive seem to have heard some good/okay things from this nursery they seem to sell neps and capensis aswell to bb stores all over. ... Id say u lucked out on getting a good typical vft from their :)

That's a nice healthy plant!

(removed as site has a CP store) has everything you need to know, all from the best grower of Dionaea in the US.

EDIT

Apparently I can't post this. Wow. Even in text. ??? I hope this doesn't get me a point against my membership, I wasn't aware of this.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input! I have a few other venus flytraps and just thought this one looked different with a skinny and short petiole (is that the correct term for the part of the leaf that is not a trap?) compared to the wider ones on my others and larger then average (compared to my other which should be mature since it tried to flower) traps. But either way, I don't regret my purchase and still really like the little guy.

Back