What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two unknown Drosera

Anyone know what these Drosera are?

sN7LlHC.jpg

(plant on the bottom)

Ww1WRHM.jpg

The first one I think is Drosera latifolia. I had one in that container a while back but I don't know if I lost it or not. I also have Drosera riparia in the container too, though.

The second one I got as Drosera oblanceolata. It struggled for a while before putting out leaves with long petioles. Is it just a spatulata? Here is a thread I made previously about it: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sundews-drosera-byblis-drosophyllum/139455-drosera-oblanceolata-care.html?highlight=oblanceolata

I can get better pictures of the first plant tomorrow. The petioles seem really short.

How big is your plant that was sold as D. oblanceolata? The young plants have a much shorter petiole and are ground hugging compared to the mature ones. I could see your plant being at an in-between size and actually being D. oblanceolata, but this is just a guess on my part.

How big is your plant that was sold as D. oblanceolata? The young plants have a much shorter petiole and are ground hugging compared to the mature ones. I could see your plant being at an in-between size and actually being D. oblanceolata, but this is just a guess on my part.

Right now it is a little over an inch across.

Right now it is a little over an inch across.

I guess time will tell. Right now its appearance is consistent with D. oblanceolata at this size.

The second plant needs more light in order to show proper characteristics, but oblanceolata does start out with much more ground-hugging, almost spatulata-esque leaves. They like lots of light to do well though. With how long those petioles are before the lamina region begins, it's definitely not spatulata though.
The first plant probably needs to grow out more before a proper ID can be made, but it certainly could be in the latifolia group. At this stage though, it even reminds me of young tomentosa.

Back