What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera spatulata?

image_zpsikvubayd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can anyone confirm if this is drosera spatulata? Slightly reddish in color

Can take more photos if needed. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Yes, in my opinion it is. However it would be best to have another opinion. I know [MENTION=9012]hcarlton[/MENTION] is a wiz at IDing things. Maybe he can help?

Oops double post.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call myself a whiz, I just seem to grow the species most people ask about (multiple forms sometimes, which helps too :) )
This isn't spatulata, but most likely D. natalensis. I don't know if those flower stalks off to the side of the pic are active but a flower shot would confirm.

Thank you for correcting me, Im still trying to learn. I thought it was spatulata due to the indents on the leaves and the way multiple are emerging out of the middle at once.

D. spatulata has elongate leaves generally, with gradual tapering, not sudden indents between lamina and petiole. Example:
D. spatulata 'Tamlin' x "Royal Natl. Pk. Sydney" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

Of the forms that break this rule are ones like D. spatulata var. bakoensis (very rare in cultivation) and a handful of forms from places like New Zealand

Thanks [MENTION=9012]hcarlton[/MENTION]!! I'll have more next week I'll need help identifying :)

Last edited:
Back