What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what nepenthes is this?

i have got a new nepenthes and i don't know what species it is

i can't post an image because it has no URL because it's on my computer.

Last edited:
If you go to a free photohosting site like flickr or photobucket you can upload the photo and then you should be able to post a picture of it.

My psychic powers are telling me it's an N. x ventrata. If you got it at a garden center in a hanging basket, there's about a 90% chance that's what it is.

Robust and not too ugly for a nepenthes. :)

My psychic powers are telling me it's an N. x ventrata. If you got it at a garden center in a hanging basket, there's about a 90% chance that's what it is.

Robust and not too ugly for a nepenthes. :)

:lol::lol::pics::suspect:

I saw the pic on another forum. It's a ventrata.

Here's one from wikipedia
220px-Pitcher_Plant_%28Nepenthes_%C3%97_ventrata%29.jpg
(link). IIRC i had uploaded several photos of some nice ones at the UConn greenhouse on the NECPS server but they don't appear to be there anymore. I'm reviving my own server, but it's not there yet or i'd post the one i snapped at a local nursery a couple months ago. The owner completely flipped his lid at me taking photos so i left, otherwise i might have rescued one.

I saw the pic on another forum. It's a ventrata.

I still got it. hehe

Last edited:
If you go to a free photohosting site like flickr or photobucket you can upload the photo and then you should be able to post a picture of it.

Photobucket no longer supports 3rd Party Hosting (embedded images) from their free and lower tier Plus accounts. Try flickr, Imgur, ImageShack etc.

Back