What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery Drosera

• Thread starter Brolloks
  • Start date
Hi Everyone,

I bought a few seeds from the seed-bank and what was labeled as Pinguicula turned out to be a Drosera.
I have never seen this species before, so I am a bit in the dark as to which it is and how to grow it.

I have got a sneaky suspicion that it might require cool temperatures or at least a good temperature drop during the night. But hopefully someone can shine some light on this.
It is still relatively small.

cp2.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
It looks like it could be Drosera spiralis to me. It will need a lot of light and cool temperatures.

It looks like it could be Drosera spiralis to me. It will need a lot of light and cool temperatures.

Oh wow. Thanks Tanukimo.
I will have to make a plan with cooling as it spring here already and temperatures are heating up fast.

I'd 2nd spiralis. Pain in the butt plant for me, since I don't have cool nights during summer here...

That must be quite a surprise to be expecting pings and get a South American Drosera instead. D. spiralis is one of the easier species from that region, but avoid root disturbance.

Back