What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any ideas on this Nep ?

• Thread starter woodbridge
  • Start date
Hello everyone,

I got this one awhile back, and am not sure what it is. Saw something today ID'ed as a Burkei X Hamata that looks a little bit like it...so wanted some input on what it might be.

http://www.giardinocarnivoro.it/growlist/n-burkei-x-hamata-be-3594

Here is what I have:

attachment.php

Thanks.

Where did you pick it up from? I'd say it probably not a burkei x hamata. A lot of nepenthes has lid hairs while they are small. It definately has burkei or ventricosa in it though.

The plant in the photo on the link and yours are not the same hybrid; yours looks like the common ventrata, or similar hybrid.

Looks like x Ventrata, maybe ventricosa.

Would love to see the whole setup, is that Nep growing from between 2 rocks? No matter what type of Nep it is, it's beautiful! Thanks for posting! :D

Thanks for the input on this ID....I am assuming it will stop with the hairy lid pitchers as it matures and start looking like more of the ventrata I have seen. Does anyone have a "go to" book/source for the identification of Nepenthes, something similar the field guides for trees or mushrooms, that clearly shows the leaf and pitcher structures of the plants ? The Savage Garden, pg 292, has I think, a great example of the type of illustrations that would be helpful. My N. rafflesiana only has the upper pitchers, and I would never guess a plant with only the lower pitchers was the same.

Back