What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera seedlings or something else?

I have my drosera capensis in this small terrarium and I am almost 75% sure that these are seedlings but I want some recognition just in case. I am a very paranoid person if you're wondering (only 75% !?).

Last edited:
Picture

Here is the image.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iTXYZjP7iMsaqlmgkMl9w38vIlhexDAK/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:
I am able to see the tiny hairs on the topmost tendril of these tiny things, so just in case help me.

Last edited:
All I see is moss. Sundew seedlings can be difficult to see without a magnifying glass when they first germinate, just tiny green specks.

Yeah, those green things in your pic are definitely just moss. A capensis seedling will look very different and be much smaller for a large part of it's life. One way to be sure if its a drosera is that all drosera will produce tentacles on their leaves immediately after their cotyledons. If the plant you're looking at has no digestive tentacles it's not a drosera.

Back