What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best mosquito killer plant

An artificial plant with bug spray on it should do the job.

Typically any of the repellant plants are only really effective for a short time after the foliage has been bruised which releases the fragrant oils.

Typically any of the repellant plants are only really effective for a short time after the foliage has been bruised which releases the fragrant oils.
I agree.

I wish there was a plant that continuously repelled mosquitos, I'd plant that all around my house!!!

Yep. None of the plants that supposedly repel mosquitoes actually do so unless bruised, and then only for a short while and in a small area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are trying to keep a relatively small area like a porch or balcony free/semi-free of mosquitos while you are out there without resorting to DEET or other chemical sprays, you can put a good-sized fan(s) on the balcony/porch and run it while out there. Mosquitoes are not strong fliers and dislike windy areas. (Consider how rarely one gets bitten on a windy day unless one wanders into a woods, cul d'sac or other area where there is little to no breeze. )

Last edited:
Back