What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Nepenthes, grows outdoors here in Auckland NZ year round...

• Thread starter FlyingPete
  • Start date
I grabbed this plant (and a couple of others) at a plant meet around 8-9 years ago, it has been growing outside since then and seems to love it, long lost track of what it is though, but what ever it is it grows like mad!
IMG_0044.jpg
IMG_0280.jpg

Very nice, growing outdoors is great. I wish it was possible to do that year round out here. As for id your plant is some kind of maxima hybrid, maybe maxima x ventricosa.

What makes you say "maxima", GM? Just curious. The tubbyness of the pitcher in the first photo reminds me of ventricosa, so I saw where you came up with that. :)

Here is an older pitcher if that helps (sorry about the hand - it was for scale when I took this photo):
IMG_4750.jpg

Probably the unofficial grex N. "Red Leopard," as that is the standard appearance for lowers of that hybrid (and as Grey Moss noted, it's maxima x ventricosa)

Back