What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another nepenthes needing id

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
I bought this plant about a month ago. When I purchased it, there were no new urns forming on the leaves. The pitchers had not been aborted, but seemed to be in suspended animation. After about 2 weeks, the ends of the tendrils began to swell up. The temperature is as hight as 90°F during the day and it has been down to 65°F at night. It is in full to partial sun. The plant is all green except the tendrils have a hint of red in them. The largest urn is about 4" tall.

AllGreenNepenthes.jpg

I will post more photos as the urns open.

The white tag is from the local nursery that I purchased it form simply saying its a new product and some general care instructions that are ok. The tag at the top is one of those Clean Air Plant tags. Not sure if that will help any. It explains why plants clean the air and that NASA has done some studies to prove plants clean the air in our homes.

Nice and healthy;> So far looking like N. xVentrata to me.

Tony

yea, nick, that looks to be the same kind of nep that the garden center here in akron has.  only there's are dying....

i'm just waiting for them to start discounting them!

b

I agree, it looks like a ventrata to me. Its really beautiful! I have one but not like that!
wow.gif

Well, time for a quick update.

The plant is not all green. I have seen red coloration forming in the newest pitchers.

Its now been about 1 year since I got the plant. So, here is a current photo taken 2 days ago.

N_ventrata_3rd_plant_notgreen.jpg

Wowsers! I though MINE was big. That's out of control!

BEAUTIFUL! Definately x 'Ventrata.'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ May 21 2004,11:42)]Wowsers!  I though MINE was big.  That's out of control!

BEAUTIFUL!  Definately x 'Ventrata.'
Ditto!

Nick, Would you mind reading what that tag says?
biggrin.gif

LOL

Not to sure, but it looks like the pitchers are red on the bottom?

Didn't you have a HUGE ventrata before you had chop it to bits, or is that someone else.

Nice plant! I hope I get mine from Vertigo soon..........

Yup, I had two large ventratas that I cut up. They are slowly getting big again.
tounge.gif

Huge difference between the photos. Very nice!

Joe

Holy cow! That thing is dripping with pitchers. Nice plant Nick!
smile.gif

I have an updated photo of this plant. Below you will find three images showing its growth.

AllGreenNepenthes.jpg

From June, 2003.

N_ventrata_3rd_plant_notgreen.jpg

From May 18, 2004

N_Ventrata_8-9-04BackPorch.jpg

From August 9, 2004.

Yes indeed Noah.

What a HUGE Ventrata u got there, Nick.

Holy Cow, That things a Bush
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif