What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grab bag id's

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Hey everyone....
I was wondering how many of you have been able to ID their Sarracenia "grab bag" plants. I believe so far I have 2 of them narrowed down..  1 looks like a leucophylla "red" and 1 looks like a "Judith Hindle". I will try to post pics of these 2 plants tomorrow, perhaps you all will be better able to ID these for me.

Cheers
Steve

I don't know yet either. I'm working on it right now, so I'll let you know when I figure it out

As promised..  here are a couple pics of my grab bag plants.

Enjoy
smile.gif

Steve

leucophylla "red"
sarrpics83103001.jpg

leucophylla "red" different angle
sarrpics83103003.jpg

Judith Hindle ? (I think)
sarrpics83103010.jpg

The 2nd one doesn`t look like a s.`judith hindle` to me. It`s too green judith hindle is usualy very redish brown.

Niether one looks like a leocyphilla. I'd say that they are all hybrids.

juodth hindle does'nt always looks red , i have a judith hindle that i brought from pft along time ago and its just veined red not all red .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nathaniel @ Sep. 16 2003,4:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Niether one looks like a leocyphilla.  I'd say that they are all hybrids.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I was under the impression that all PFT plants are grown from TC. If thats the case I dont see how they can possibly be hybrids. Here is the list of what I believe was available in the grab bag sale:
purpurea
rubra
Judith Hindle
leucophylla Tarnok
RED leucophylla
wrigleyana

Steve

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vft guy in SJ @ Sep. 17 2003,4:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nathaniel @ Sep. 16 2003,4:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Niether one looks like a leocyphilla.  I'd say that they are all hybrids.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I was under the impression that all PFT plants are grown from TC. If thats the case I dont see how they can possibly be hybrids.

Steve[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Steve, just to let you know, wrigleyana and judith hindle are both hybrids...ones a cultivar of a hybrid.

I'm curious, why wouldn't you be able to TC a hybrid?
confused.gif
All TC is doing is cloning in a sterile environment.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vertigo @ Sep. 17 2003,1:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Steve, just to let you know, wrigleyana and judith hindle are both hybrids...ones a cultivar of a hybrid.  

I'm curious, why wouldn't you be able to TC a hybrid?
confused.gif
 All TC is doing is cloning in a sterile environment.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Sorry.. I guess I was unclear on what I meant. The list of available plants I posted is the list to choose from. All of the grab bag plants are plants on that list. ie: there wont be a hybrid of a leucophylla and a flava or something like that.

Steve

Update  10-06-03

Well my plants have grown out some since the last pics were taken so I thought I would post some current photos.

Enjoy
smile.gif

Steve

cpsoct6002.jpg

cpsoct6007.jpg

cpsoct6011.jpg

are the flat ones the phyliadea or whatever

I dont think so. Some of the first pitchers were stunted while they acclimated themselves to my conditions. They all started out looking like baby pitchers and didnt develop properly.

Steve

Yep, those are phylodia. That's what they look like.

Capslock

Back