What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is it?

I have three plants that came up out of spagnum moss. I had the moss for a month when the sprouts started to appear. They looked like grass seedlings, but very small and the leaves do not blade. They remain rounded and long. Small brown, rounded seed shells could be seen on them when they first sprouted.

They are now approximately four months old. They have grown slowly, but the largest stands about 5" tall. They still look like grass, but are still not "bladed" They achieve one large droplet of dew on each leaf. Each leaf appears to have one tendril at its apex (or at least has a change of color there) Is this grass or a cp? Any ideas?

hmmm, a photo would help.

It would, but my digital is not good enough. I am going to remedy that situation soon. I am going to take 35mm, but they will take time to get back. Sorry.

This stuff comes up in my pots as well. I'm using sphagnum from Chile. I'm not an expert but my guess would be that it is some sort of grass, sedge or reed. I pull mine from the pots or I would have a grass collection instead of a CP collection.

I get grass-like growth in mine as well...plus a ferns. The ferns I don't mind. Freebie plant.
smile.gif
Not too fond of the grass like thing though.

Suzanne

sounds like eliocharis to me. (i grow it in my pond)

Back