What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. 'sethos'?

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
my plant flowered.  and i don't recall this type of coloration on this plant (P. 'Sethos' ) does it look correct to you?
Thanks
P._sethos_flower.jpg

oh, here is the whole plant (older pic)
P.'Sethos'.jpg

Andrew,

Something is definitely wrong with that flower, it is abnormal so there is really no way to tell from this photo, and the flower is the determining factor here. It looks like insect ot fungal damage may have affected it.

must be a ping sethos, well if it is, it is a second clone (meaning the hybrid was seeded, and ths is the offspring from seed of a sethos) Heard when that happens you get a deformed plant and flowers

I believe the term is f-2. Though I could be wrong.

Actually, i think the flower ended up opening all the way and I missed the photo op.   Another is comming now I'll try to catch it this time.  
wink.gif
Oh, and it did split also durring flower... i doubt that makes a difference but maybe is why the flower didn't open all the way? The plant(s) look very healthy.
Thanks,
Andrew

I am going to agree with Tamlin that something is very wrong with that flower, I have flowered more Mexi-Pings than I can count and never seen anything like that. Who gave you the plant? They might be able to give you a difinitive ID. Odds are it is actually a P. 'Weser' as it seems most of the plants going around in the US under the tag 'Sethos' are actually 'Weser'

Oh and Spec, F2 plants are not necessarily deformed (there are many back crossed Sarrs to prove that.) And also, any plants obtained from an F2 seeding could not be called 'Sethos' as they would not have the same genetic make up.

It came from Joseph (pingman) but his doesn't look like this either.. so maybe he or i messed up a label somewhere... hey, it's happend to you before!
tounge.gif

Andrew

wow, this one was ALOT different! here is the pic,
Psethosflower.jpg

Andrew

Pyro,

I have not yet grown the true 'Weser', but I have grown plenty of 'Sethos'. I think that it is the other way around(at least in the US).

Adnedarn,

It flower indicates that the plant is 'Sethos' or possibly a clone of moranensis x ehlersiae.

Very nice flower and picture of.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CP2k @ Sep. 21 2003,10:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have not yet grown the true 'Weser', but I have grown plenty of 'Sethos'. I think that it is the other way around(at least in the US).[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
You are indeed correct sir, I got it backwards

Back