What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes identification

Hi !!
smile.gif

I'd like to know which species or hybrids are these Nepenthes:
The first one
N1.JPG

N1a.JPG

and the second one
N2.JPG

N2a.JPG

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

Kind regards

Rajah

Sorry, I forgot a third plant, I think that is a true Nepenthes ventricosa is it right?

The third one
N3.JPG

Regards

Rajah

The first two look like either N. Maxima or a hybrid with N. Maxima. The third one has me a bit confused. Normal ventricosa pitchers have a much wider peristome and are completely lacking wings. Hmmm..... Time for some research.

Mike
smile.gif

does ventrata have wings?

THe first one looks a lot like a rocco x fusca clone i had, in the bannana shape, not sure if either parent looks like that (haven't looked.)

The second plant looks like maxima, or ventricosa x maxima.

all of them are gorgeous!

#2 looks like a vetichii x maxima or judith finn x maxima

I believe the third one is a young N. ventricosa.  It bears a strong resemblance to the three I have.

Hmm. #1 looks kind of like N. x mixta and #2 looks like a fusca with a flared peristome(I think Dean Cook has one in his greenhouse).

Regards,

Joe

First 2 pics looks like an N. x mixta lower pitchers.

Second 2 pics look like N. veitchii x N. maxima AKA N. x Tiveyi

Last pic is a young N. ventricosa I belive.

Thanks to all of you !  
smile.gif

The hybrids for me are always very difficult to identify.
Summarizing:

-1 Something x N. maxima ??
-2 Something (perhaps N. veitchii?) x N. maxima ??
-3 young N. ventricosa ??

Kind regards

Rajah

I'm tempted to venture a guess on #1 for the unknown parrent....

Truncata? The ...er...rim? of the pitcher and the lid both look very truncata-like
confused.gif

I had that thought as well, Schloaty. But not being that knowledgeable about neps, I didn't mention it. Also thought the spotting looked raff-like. That got me to wondering what a truncata x raff hybrid WOULD look like. I guess that must exist somewhere?

Suzanne

Plantakiss,
It really would be cool, huh? The only thing that makes me tentative about my guess it that the leaves (from what little I can see in the picture) don't seem to have even a hint of the very identifiable heart-shape associated with a truncata.

1. Rocco x fusca
2. Maxima x Mixta
3. Ventricosa RED
biggrin.gif

Forgot Rampuppy te tird one isn'a ventrata. Looking at the pitcher size of that plant a x ventrata pitcher would have red spots the perstom wouldn't be thin (not so round). hmmmm

You're right Schloaty...I know there are truncata hybrids but I don't remember what the leaves looked like. Maybe the leaf shape would come from the raff parent? I'm not saying that's what Rajah's plant is...I'm just wondering what a truncata x raff would look like. There are so many hybrids out there, surely there is a trunc x raff. Will have to check around and see.
smile.gif

First looks like a classic N. x mixta to me.
The second looks like a N. stenophylla x veitchii or N. maxima x vetchii. Its hard to tell without more information from the leaves, the underside of the lid etc.

Back