What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of sarr is this?

I just wanted to test my knowledge and see if I was right. I bought this plant a couple days ago. I pulled the "this plant doesn't look so good, can I get it for cheaper?" It worked, this plant only cost me 50 cents
smile.gif
This sarr was labeled "purple pitcher plant." I thought that was pretty sad since it doesn't look anything like an S. purpurea.

I think it is an Sarracenia Minor. Since I'm not an expert yet, I am still unsure and wanted to ask y'all. Thanks
smile.gif

sarr.JPG

you and that label are both wrong , not purpurea nor minor , but your close on the minor , it does have a pitcher with small window like features . its an s. x wrigleyana , it is a cross betwen an s. leucophylla and pssitacina . that plant does'nt look like its in much bad shape , it has some really deformed leaves because of the cover of that pot that made its grow wrong . give that plant more time and sun , and it'll loom great again . good luck .

Back