What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. maxima or N. 'Gentle"

I would like anyones opinion.  What is the true identity of this plant?  It was sold as N. maxima but I suspect it may be N. 'Gentle'.  Does anyone know how to tell these apart?

Max1.jpg

Max2.jpg

Max3.jpg

Thanks in advance.

It looks exactly like the Nepenthes Gublers sells. Its a great plant, I love mine!

Yeah that's N. x gentle. Guess we'll have to label our future cross as N. (X Rokko) x N.( X Gentle)
wink.gif
Most "IlCPerate" peopel look for'what does my plant look like?" and label it as anything remotly similar to thier plant sadly.
sad.gif

I have yet to buy plants from some of the great CP sources out there and instead go for the big $5.00 plants at local nursuries. Because of this penny pinching I have mostly hybrids. I picked up a N. 'Gentle' and what I think is a huge N. 'Coccenea' for $5.00 each. The species plants I do have are very small but I love em anyhow.

N x 'Rokko' x N x 'Gentle' could make some fine looking plants but probably not much different from thier parents since they both have N. maxima as parents. It will be fun to see what happens!
biggrin.gif

I went to the DeRoose website and looked at thier Neps and they have a plant listed as N 'coccenea'. I thought this plant had red pitchers!? Is this plant mislabled or am I all messed up!?

Back